One of the Cordoba Tourist Board’s jobs in promoting tourism in the city, trhough its Cordoba Convention Bureau programme, is to boost all the areas of tourist activity, and in particular, as stated in Article 4, page 5, of the Statutes, "to favour and promote the holding of national or international conventions, meetings and similar events in the city of Cordoba".
It is our responsibility, as the Tourist Board, to promote this tourist sector, and our work has involved, from the very beginning, providing conference organisers with promotional materials and information, as well as managing any special arrangements they have requested in collaboration with other municipal departments. The particular services the Tourist Board offers conference organisers are as follows:
1. For securing events:
The Cordoba Tourist Board helps to present the city as a candidate for a meetings venue by making the following documents available and offering different services to potential organisers:
- An institutional letter supporting the candidature
- A Congresses and Incentives Manual for the city of Cordoba (available on paper or CD)
- A promotional DVD of the city
- Help in publicising the events
- Help with Inspection Trips
- Document of Candidature (Printed or on Power Point): City Presentation, Social programme options, Cordoba Card (specially issued for the event),..etc.
- Contact with the Professional Organizers of Congresses of Cordoba
According to the particular needs and characteristics of each meeting, the documents contained in the Candidature Dossier may vary.
2. For organising events:
- Handing out a folder with documentation for those attending the event:
- Map of Cordoba
- Handy guide to Cordoba
-Info and advertising on city tourism
-Setting up a tourist information office at the event venue (*)
-Helping to publicize the event
-Helping to negotiate with other institutions and / or companies
-Designing a proposed tourist programme for Congress attendees or accompanying guests
(*) Depends on the nature of the event and number of participants. Intended mainly for large events, but each specific case will be dealt with when meeting is organized.
If additional services are required, this will be handled directly with the entity or company organizing the event.
For further information:
Area for Congresses
Phone: +34 957 201 774 - Fax: +34 957 200 159