Santuario de Santo Domingo Scala Coeli
In the 15th century, St. Álvaro of Córdoba acquired the land named Tower of Berlanga to found a monastery. The primitive church was built in 1442 and soon after, the convent. The building was reformed first in the 16th century, and later, more thoroughly, in the 18th. The church is decorated entirely in Baroque mural paintings, but the main altarpiece is remarkably plain, carved from natural wood with no colours added, which was unusual for the 18th century. The convent was demolished in 1836, but the church was left standing. The Sanctuary of Santo Domingo is the scene of the first of the popular spring romerías (pilgrimages to a local shrine) and attracts a large local following.