Palacio de la Merced
Near the Plaza de Colon stands this former convent of the order of la Merced (Mercy), now the seat of the Provincial Government of Cordoba. It is quite a remarkable building, and a prime example of the Baroque style in Cordoba. It was built over two different periods in the 18th century and the two parts are separated by the main church, constructed in 1745, which contains some excellent decorative plaster-work and the finest Baroque altar-piece in the city. In the courtyards and halls the Palace hosts a wide range of interesting national and international exhibitions organised by the Provincial Government of Cordoba.