Convento de los Padres de Gracia
This Trinitarian convent, built in Baroque style, is situated in the Plaza del Corazón de María, known locally as the Plaza del Alpargate (Square of the Espadrille), next to the Arabic city walls. It was consecrated in 1686 and today plays the roles of convent, church, school and soup kitchen for the homeless. The main entrance to the church is particularly interesting as it was a forerunner to the style of façade-altarpieces which later became popular. The image of Nuestro Padre Jesús Rescatado (Our Father the Rescued Jesus) is kept in the church and is highly venerated by the people of Cordoba.