Convento de Santa Ana
This convent was founded by the Discalced (or barefooted) Carmelites in 1589, and stands just next to the VIMCORSA museum, the former Carbonell House, although the church was built later, in 1608, under the patronage of the Marquis of El Carpio. A fire partly destroyed the altarpieces and sculptures in 1993, and it has recently been restored. The church is Baroque in the shape of a Latin cross, with cannon vaulting and a semi-circular dome above the transept. Above the entrance there is a niche with a sculpted group of Santa Ana, the Virgin and Child.
The main altarpiece, by the school of the Sánchez de Rueda family, was finished in 1710, and the most attractive features of the convent area are the extensive cloisters, the Renaissance staircase with the founder's coat of arms and loggia window which looks out over the back garden.