House of las Comedias (the Comedies)

House of las Comedias (the Comedies)

Casa de las comedias

The Corral de Comedias (Yard of the Comedies) was built on the site of the former prison which was later moved to the Corredera -  at the end of the 16th century by the architect Juan de Ochoa. It was still in use as a prison up until the 17th century when it was closed down by order of the church. From 1708 onwards, the building became property of the Cathedral Chapter and the Cathedral Museum was situated here at the beginning of the 20th century.