Fuente de la plaza del potro
Under the reign of Philip II, this fountain was built by order of the Cordoban corregidor (local governor) to improve the water supply to the neighbourhood. It was built in 1577, but it was not until a century later that the graceful colt, which is depicted galloping above the fountain, was added. It was originally situated where today the triumphal monument to San Rafael stands, and it was only moved to its present position in 1847. It is more than likely that the little horse gave its name to both fountain and square, although another theory is that both are named after the inn.